Senior Merchant Support Advisor
Looking to work in Fintech and for a Manchester based business that’s recently been awarded ‘North West Most Exciting Companies?' Then, look no further. We’re disrupting the payments sector through the delivery of custom payment solutions across e-Commerce and in-store channels worldwide, using our accredited network of strategic partners to provide businesses of all sizes with a fully integrated omnichannel software solution.
Your Role at Total Processing
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next career step within a customer focused support team. You’ll be our first Level 2 team member, so you’ll be well versed at navigating challenging and more technical aspects of this role.
You’ll be seen as a mentor to the support team and a such will be a key player to ensuring the advancement of the team. You’ll have existing experience of this in your current role and will not be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
What You'll Bring
Provide in depth support and act as the main point of contact for a diverse client.
Work within an agile team of Merchant Support Advisors to triage and resolve client requests.
Supporting inbound customer queries (via phone, and tickets) and providing knowledgeable and timely updates whilst adhering to set SLAs and KPIs.
Identifying client needs and liaising with various internal teams – Tech, Sales, Onboarding, and Senior Leadership Teams, as well as third parties, such as acquiring banks and gateway providers to reach solutions.
Proactively speaking with our acquirers to ensure merchant queries are supported to the fullest.
Reaching out to clients to ensure they are happy with the services provided, and offering additional support where needed to ensure their business is performing optimally.
Appropriately identify and escalate potential risks, issues and concerns that are uncovered during investigations.
Ensure identified issues/problems are resolved in a timely manner, adhering to all agreed standards and protocols.
- Ability to handle escalated and complex customer issues in a competent, patient, and professional manner.
- A deep understanding of payment gateways and acquiring platforms. Familiar with the required configurations for merchants within a gateway is essential.
- Experience of working within Financial Services (Payments, Banking).
- Demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge and best practices.
- Knowledge on how to best serve a broad and ever-expanding client base.
- Appreciation of working within a regulated environment.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Prior experience working on a customer support team in the payment services industry (2+ years).
- Experience with Zendesk service desk is desirable but not essential but you should have experience of working within a service desk (ticketing system) environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills..
- Microsoft office proficient.
- Strong interpersonal and rapport building skills.
- High energy and motivation to build relationships with prospective clients.
- 21 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 duvet day.
- Flexible working after initial onboarding period.
- Newly renovated, eco-friendly offices, right next to Piccadilly Train Station.
- Company events & social hours.
- Choose your tech (MacBook Pro/Windows).
- Contributory Pension scheme (following completion of probationary period).
- 4 x Salary Death in Service policy.
- Training opportunities for personal & professional development.
- Branded TP merch.
- People’s committee once a month.
- Substantial referral scheme.
Ready to Start Your New Role?
Total Processing is a Fintech Company disrupting the payments sector through the delivery of custom payment solutions across e-commerce and in-store channels worldwide. We're using our accredited network of strategic partners to provide businesses of all sizes with a fully integrated omnichannel software solution.
Providing complete global coverage, Total Processing proudly pioneers payment strategy for multinational businesses through access to the world's leading payment gateway and acquiring options, with built-in risk management and data analytics.