Looking to work in Fintech and for a Manchester based business that’s recently been awarded ‘North West Most Exciting Companies?' Then, look no further. We’re disrupting the payments sector through the delivery of custom payment solutions across e-Commerce and in-store channels worldwide, using our accredited network of strategic partners to provide businesses of all sizes with a fully integrated omnichannel software solution.
Your Role at Total Processing
We’re looking to bolster our tech team further with the addition of a DevOps Engineer to support our growth targets and to ensure we are setup for success, and you’ll be joining at a critical time in the business following our successful investment and expansion into the UAE and Frankfurt.
You’ll have access to a large range of clients within the e-commerce sector and you will be challenged from day 1, working in a fast paced and innovative working environment. You’ll be working closely with your fellow tech team members and at times, business wide, to bring ideas to life that best contextualize the product solutions developed and delivered to our clients.
What You'll Bring
Reporting to our Head of DevOps, you’ll work across our infrastructure and internal tooling whilst collaborating closely with our development team.
Undertaking crucial mentoring of our existing DevOps Engineers to enhance their individual contribution and personal growth.
Support the organization of our backlog and sprint planning alongside other team members, senior leadership and key customer stakeholders.
Work alongside our Product Office and development team to architect effective solutions to complex problems.
Work with internal teams to gather requirements, write functional specification documents and support the implementation of these, accurately and efficiently.
Ensure all code is always written to an exceptionally high standard.
Support the delivery of business wide training, where needed, on newly developed products/features.
Build and manage relationships with internal teams, always ensuring visibility across the business.
We are looking for an experienced developer, who can lead by example and provide strong mentorship to our junior developers.
- Proven experience (2+ years) as a DevOps engineer.
- Prior experience working with containerized workloads using tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with a backend language like Go.
- Working experience with Linux and common Linux tooling.
- Prior experience with deploying and maintaining workloads in the cloud, using platforms like GCP or AWS.
- Working experience with IaC tooling like Pulumi, Terraform or similar.
- An appetite for learning. We’re on a mission to migrate to GCP and you’ll be key player in that.
- Solid experience working with APIs and managing large volumes of data.
- Demonstrable knowledge of building solutions capable of large transaction volumes.
- Comfortable with demoing updates to the wider team and/or the wider business as required.
- Prior experience working with CI/CD tooling like ArgoCD, Argo Workflows, Jenkins or similar.
- Having prior experience with monitoring tooling like Grafana and Prometheus would be an advantage.
- A keen drive to implement DevOps philosophies and practices like “Shifting left” and “GitOps”.
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Gitlab, GitHub.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A background within Fintech will be a significant advantage, but not essential.
- Authorization to work within the UK and based within commuting distance to the office (we will not be sponsoring a visa or providing a relocation package for this role).
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree (Science Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred).
- Development experience within Fintech will be an advantage but not essential.
- 25 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 day for your birthday + 1 duvet day.
- Flexible working after initial onboarding period.
- Newly renovated, eco-friendly offices, right next to Piccadilly Train Station.
- Company events & social hours.
- Choose your tech (MacBook Pro/Windows).
- Contributory Pension scheme (following completion of probationary period).
- 4 x Salary Death in Service policy.
- Training opportunities for personal & professional development.
- Branded TP merch.
- People’s committee once a month.
- Substantial referral scheme.
Ready to Start Your New Role?
Total Processing is a Fintech Company disrupting the payments sector through the delivery of custom payment solutions across e-commerce and in-store channels worldwide. We're using our accredited network of strategic partners to provide businesses of all sizes with a fully integrated omnichannel software solution.
Providing complete global coverage, Total Processing proudly pioneers payment strategy for multinational businesses through access to the world's leading payment gateway and acquiring options, with built-in risk management and data analytics.